Black Leaves - Knowledgebase Question

Las Vegas, Ne
Question by blonderocker
I recently transplanted many houseplants to bigger pots using miracle grow potting soil and now all the leaves are turning black/brown...what can I do??

Black or brown leaves, especially if they are soft and pliable, usually indicates over watering or overly soggy soils. Check to make sure the pots have plenty of drainage holes and that the soil is allowed to dry out slightly between waterings. It could be that the soil is holding more moisture than you think. Before watering, stick your finger down into the potting soil. If it is still moist an inch below the soil surface, you won't need to water for a few more days. If it is dry, it's time to water. You can cut off the affected leaves to encourage healthy new growth. Hope your plants perk up soon!

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"