Hanging Plants - Knowledgebase Question

New Haven, CT
Avatar for calello
Question by calello
I am looking for a hanging plant to hang under a (second floor) deck that will be easy to care for since it will high
and that will also add color and cascade. I have two hanging geraniums, but they do not cascade or fill out beautifully. The are does get sun for part of the day. I also tried hanging petunias but they did not hold up and were drooping by the end of the day. Thank you.

It might be difficult to find a plant that will grow acceptably from a hanging planter and not need daily watering. You might consider some of the sedums (stonecrop) that have a trailing habit. They should thrive in a sunny, arid spot without needing daily care. Sedum sieboldii would be a good candidate, as would sedum morganianum (Donkey Tail).

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by chhari55 and is called "Adenium"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.