Bugs On Trees and Shrubs - Knowledgebase Question

Clarence Center, NY
Question by pmartino
Working in our flower garden over the weekend I noticed that the majority of my trees, bushes, shrubs had these ugly "bumps" that formed in clusters on the leaves. Not sure how to describe - like little indentations in the leaves - some of the leaves were dying and I cut them off. What can I do? Spray? What is it?

0

Before we can suggest what to do about it (if any thing), we need to know for sure what you are seeing on your plants. Unfortunately, working from your description I can't diagnose the problem -- it could be anything from old hail damage (ugly but harmless) to a disease (some are treatable, some are not) to galls or scale insects. You might wish to take some samples to your local County Extension office for a postitive identification and suggested control, if any. Their telephone number is 825-0900. I hope it's nothing serious.