insecticides for spider mites on hibiscus - Knowledgebase Question

Owasso, Ok
Question by jmlbrl
What to use on hibiscus to kill spider mites. I have bathed them in the last month 2 times with diswashing detergent and rinse.
What am I to do to get rid of them? They are potted plants.

0

Spider mites are easier to discourage than they are to control. These pests like dry, dusty conditions so simply hosing your plants off twice a week should keep them at bay. They can spread to other nearby plants so hose those off periodically as well. The simplest approach to control is spray the foliage thoroughly with a garden hose or spray bottle. Dusting sulfur can be applied when the temperature does not go over 90 F (hose the sulfur off after a day or so). Special sprays (miticides) can also be purchased, but hose washing or sulfuring the foliage is simpler and quite effective.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"