Help with Centipede Grass - Knowledgebase Question

Bainbridge, Ge
Question by asmith39819
Some people have said the best time to plant centipede grass seed is in the spring ( around April ), but I want to first put down a layer of Scotts Turfbuilder with Crabgrass Preventer. How would I do both (plant new grass seed and put down the crabgrass preventer) since they need to be put down around the same time.
The crabgrass preveneter says you must wait 12 weeks before you can plant seeds

0

The solution to your quandry is simply to seed your lawn in the fall (September or October) and then use the turfbuilder and crabgrass preventer early next spring. Seeds you sow this fall will sprout right away and the roots will have ample opportunity to develop and establish before winter. Best wishes with your lawn.