Disease in Cycas - Knowledgebase Question

Weelington, Fl
Question by danielkgeorg
I have planted a Cycas plant 6 months back. It was growing well.Since last one month I see white spots all over the leaf. The leaves are yellowish and I want to save the plant. Need your help.

Thank you

Daniel

0

White spots can be mealybug insects. They seem to love cycas and palms. Mealybugs usually congregate is groups and they feed on the fluids within the leaves, causing yellowing of the leaves. Mealybugs are difficult to control if the population gets too big so try to contain them as quickly as possible. The fastest way to kill the pests is to dab each one with a Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol. After they are dead you should be able to peel them off with your fingernail. Good luck with your cycas.