FALL VEGATABLE GARDEN - Knowledgebase Question

Torrance, Ca
Question by hooahdiva06
What vegetables can I grow in the fall successfully in the Southern California Area? Also when should I begin planting them?

0

Veggies that you can harvest in the fall can be seeded in August. However, because of your mild winter weather, you can plant now and harvest in late winter or early spring. Cole crops (cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, etc.) mature wonderfully well in the autumn and early winter months. Lettuce, radish, carrots - virtually anything that doesn't have to flower to produce a fruit - is fair game for year 'round gardening. Potatoes are a good choice. Just steer clear of tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, corn and squash. These plants need a long, warm season to develop and mature. Enjoy your cornucopia of fresh veggies!

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"