Pest control? - Knowledgebase Question

Nashville, Te
Question by drtyree
I have noticed several mounds, about 2-3 inches high and 6-8 inches across of freshly dug dirt in the lawn. But do not find any entry hole. I have also noticed several possible mole tunnels where the ground is raised. These are awfully large so suspect moles vs. voles. Are moles causing these dirt mounds or could it be something else? Thanks in advance for your ideas, suggestions.

0

If you find excavations but no holes you may be dealing with a critter that is simply looking for grubs to eat. I have no idea which of a half dozen possibilities it might be. Moles spend their whole lives underground so it isn't likely they are responsible for the mounds of soil that do not also have entry holes. Scissors type traps are best for moles and gophers. You can set them in the main tunnels to trap the moles. Wish I had more to offer!