rubber tree plant, hydrangeas - Knowledgebase Question

Kennesaw, Ge
Question by greenekj
The rubber tree plant I have indoors has dropped all of its leaves. Is it dead or is there something I can or need to do to keep it alive. Also, someone told me now is the time to cut back my hydrangeas if I want to see flowers next spring. I thoughrt I wasn't suppose to cut them back until late fall. Who's right?

0

Hydrangeas develop flowers on the new growth of the season so you will want to prune your hydrangea in the spring, or in late winter, not in the fall. Rubber tree plants can drop their leaves for lots of reasons. Any change in their immediate environment can cause this, as can overwatering or underwatering. Make sure your plant is in a draft free area, has plenty of light, and that you water when the top of the soil begins to dry out. A healthy plant will replace the lost leaves so give your plant an opportunity to develop new leaves before you totally give up on it. They can be temperatmental so just be patient.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"