Evergreen choices - Knowledgebase Question

plymouth, mi
Question by emmorelli
I would like to plant 2 groupings of 3 Evergreens at the back borders of our yard. We get full sun, no other trees around. Surrounding yards have a lot of Blue Spruce so I was advised to not use Blue Spruce in case of a disease that would wipe them all out. Concolor Fir was recommended, but in my research I have found that that is very slow growing. Are there other tall evergreens that would grow a little faster, or is a Concolor a good all-purpose choice? Thank you.

Some of the best needled evergreens for Michigan include white pine, cedar, and hemlock. You might also consider cypress and arborvitae. Cypress and arborvitae grow faster than cedar; pines and hemlocks have about the same growth rate. Best wishes with your landscape!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Peonies"