problem w/golden euronymus - Knowledgebase Question

fort mill, So
Question by vtrapp3r
what is a fine white little white specks all over the stems and leaves; shrub is dying and specks spreading to nearby shrubs.don't know if they are eggs or disease, no movement.

0

I'm inclined to think the problem is spidermites. When they feed the leaves are left with a speckled appearance. Look for webbing where the stems meet the branches. Look also for tiny little red or black insects, about the size of a pinhead. You can try holding a piece of white paper beneath the branch of your euonymus and sharply tapping the branch to dislodge any critters. If the debris that falls from the branch looks like a sprinkling of pepper - and they move - they are spidermites. Just to help you make a positive diagnosis, I've found a publication with close up photos of the pests and their damage. I hope you find it helpful: http://www.entomology.umn.edu/...