Shasta Daisy Snowcap problems - Knowledgebase Question

Arlington Heights, Il
Question by akmurphy72
I planted 3 Shasta Daisys about 3 weeks ago. And followed the planting & watering instructions on the card provided. For the first week they looked great but not all 3 have lost their white flowers. I am not sure if they are dead but they sure look that way. Please help

0

When the flowers are spent you can cut the flowering stems down. It isn't unusual for newly planted perennials to go through a period of stress. During this time they will look puny and probably won't flower. But as soon as the roots become established they will develop healthy new stems with healthy foliage and they may still have time left in the season to develop more flowers. Just continue to give your new Shasta Daisies TLC and they will recover from their transplant stress. Enjoy your garden~