Bamboo Plant - Knowledgebase Question

gilbert, Ar
Question by Tbredeson35
I bought a lucky bamboo already potted ,but it is not in soil it is in rocks. Should I repot it in soil and if i dont will it affect how the Bamboo grows?

0

If it is in rocks rather than soil you can simply keep the water level right at the rock level. It is basically growing in water and the rocks are anchoring it in the container. The roots will grow around the rocks to help keep the plant upright. You don't need to repot it. Just keep the water level at or slightly below the rock level. Every couple of weeks you can pour out the old water and refill with fresh water. Lucky bamboo grows slowly so you should not have to repot the plant for some time. Enjoy!