Avocado Trees very sick - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Rosemary Williams
malibu, Ca
Question by budawg
Hi I have two avocado trees that are more than 30 years old and have become very sick. They are in a row with 10 other avocado trees that are healthy. The leaves are dropping and trees are bare. What can I do?

0

I'd check first for insect problems. Avocado Brown Mite can be controlled by applications of powdered sulfur. Six-spotted Mite is very harmful; even a small population can cause massive leaf shedding. A miticide may be required. Root rot is another possibility. There's not much you can do to save a tree if root rot is present. You may want to hire a certified arborist to assess the trees. If control is possible you can contract with him/her to spray the tree. Wish I had more information to share. Best wishes with your trees!