Bell Peppers in flowerbox? - Knowledgebase Question

N. Miami Beach, Fl
Question by livinglightj
I live in North Bay Village,Fl I want to grow Dwarf bell peppers in a 5in by 28in self watering flowerbox container on a fence.It gets noonish to 6pm sun because of the neighboring condo.This is bayside,very humid and warm zone9/10. Is this the right time? is the dwarf variety small enough for the flowerbox? Will the selfwatering cause any rotting? 3 questions

0

You can plant in October or in February and your peppers should thrive. A 28 inch long container will support 3-4 dwarf pepper plants but I hope the planter is 5" wide, not 5" deep. The roots will need much more than 5" of soil depth in order to grow well. If the container is at least 10 inches deep your pepper plants should thrive. A self watering container is just fine. It will provide just the right amount of moisture for the roots of your plants.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"