Tall shade trees, 20-30 ft. - Knowledgebase Question

Modesto, Ca
Question by kk4140
My first previous email concerned the 'Photinia Fraseri, std.' Please advise how tall and wide this tree will become, and will provide good shade,
Thanks, again,
Karl Kondrad

0

Growing 12 to 18 feet high by 8 to 12 feet wide, Fraser Photinia forms an upright silhouette of glossy, evergreen leaves. One of the most striking features of Fraser Photinia is the burgundy-red new foliage which contrasts nicely against the dark green mature foliage. Most people do not see the showy white flower clusters borne at the ends of the branches in the summer because they regularly prune the new
growth. Pruning encourages a dense and bushy growth pattern so I'd recommend annual pruning.