When is the best time to prune trees & flowers? - Knowledgebase Question

Marana, Ar
Question by milnotgil
I have many tress in my yard, and I have been wanting to prune them, but I always miss the time frame for that. I have been told I can prune them any time of the year, yet I am afraid to do it, because I did it once, and the tree never did grow much after that.

0

Flowering trees and shrubs should be pruned immediately after they have finished flowering. Those that do not flower can be pruned in March, just as new growth begins. It's true that landscapers seem to prune at any time of the year, even in the heat of summer, but I don't think that's a healthy practice! Prune in the spring or immediately after flowering has finished and your trees and shrubs should thrive. Enjoy your garden!