|We had a dead tree taken down years ago, didn't remove the stump. since then these huge mushroom keep coming out from the tree stump. And now they are growing out of the planter and onto my plants. How do I get rid of these mushrooms? I want to plant flowers but they are killing the plants I put in the area. Help me.
|The mushrooms are growing because the tree stump is decomposing. There's nothing short of grinding the stump to keep them from growing. I'd knock them down as often as necessary and as soon as you recognize they are growing. Rake them out of the garden to remove any spores, and try to keep the stump as dry as possible. Mushroom spores travel on a film of moisture and can begin to sprout in other parts of the garden if you allow them to fully mature and develop spores. That's why it is important to keep them knocked down and raked out of the garden. Wish I had more solutions for you!|