Calla Lilly - Knowledgebase Question

Dunbar, WV
Question by wvbonnie
My calla lily has only had two blooms since I planted it this summer and the leaves have turned yellow. What should I do?

0

Yellowing leaves could be a sign of over- or under-watering. Since callas like moist, even wet, soil, it's more likely that the soil has been too dry. If it's in a very sunny location, the plant will need more water than if it receives some shade during the afternoon.

Your calla should bloom until the fall, at which time the rhizome will need to be dug and stored for the winter in damp peat moss at about 40-50 degrees F. In early spring, you can pot the rhizome in rich soil and it should bloom indoors. Then let the plant rest, reduce watering, and plant it outdoors in the summer. Good luck.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"