brown spot on roses - Knowledgebase Question

Marietta, Ge
Question by jiachen9901
I bought two hybrid tea rose two weeks ago from Home depot, they got a lot of brown spots over all the leaves. What is the problem? What should I do now? I am living in Marietta, GA 30066.

0

Since your roses are new there's not much you need to do right now. Plant them in the ground and water them regularly. When frost arrives, rake up all the fallen leaves and remove them from the garden. If you don't get a frost, pull off all the leaves in late December. Healthy new leaves will emerge in the spring. Brown spots can indicate plant stress of some kind. Perhaps even water on the leaves in the hot sunshine, which can cause sunscald. Once your roses are growing well and are getting the environmental conditions they crave, they should be just fine. Best wishes with your roses!