mites on roses - Knowledgebase Question

Glendale, Ar
Question by loanpalm
I have 4 yellow rose bushes which were all doing great. The smallest one showed signs of spider mites so I treated with soapy help. Bought Bayer help. I have tried everything siggested by home depot people & still no help. It has spread to the others & now is effecting the last healthy one. Should I trim them all down to the bare roots & treat with ?? What are my options?

Spider mites are easier to discourage than they are to control. These pests like dry, dusty conditions so simply hosing your plants off twice a week should keep them at bay. They can spread to other nearby plants so hose those off periodically as well. The simplest approach to control is spray the foliage thoroughly with a garden hose or spray bottle. Dusting sulfur can be applied when the temperature does not go over 90 F (hose the sulfur off after a day or so). Special sprays (miticides) can also be purchased, but hose washing or sulfuring the foliage is simpler and quite effective.

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Rose"