majesty palm's - Knowledgebase Question

luling, Lo
Question by dscognamillo
Ijust planted five (5) majesty palms in pots. I have them outside under my patio,no direct sunlight,I water them 3-4 times an week,I put mulch on top,but i did not fertilze,but if i do what make? I live in luling La. 30 mi. outside of New Orleans,will the palms be O.K? THANK YOU! JOHN S.

0

The palms should be fine in bright light but no direct sunlight. Water when the top inch of soil dries out. 3-4 times a week might be excessive, unless the weather is really hot and the soil dries out that fast. Try sticking your finger into the soil prior to watering. If it is still moist an inch below the surface you won't need to water for another day or two. As the weather cools you probably won't need to water quite as often. In the spring you can feed with a water soluable fertilizer such as Miracle Gro. Plants in containers can suffer from root burn if you use a granular fertilizer but you can use the liquid as described above, or a slow release fertilizer such as Osmocote. Enjoy your palms!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "