chinese & house plants - Knowledgebase Question

Avatar for nyperez64
Question by nyperez64
September 21, 2009
hi! i would like to know what should i treat or have to buy to remove & treat my plants with the white cottony foam thats building on my plants?

Answer from NGA
September 21, 2009
Cottony scale insects or mealybugs are the most common houseplant pests that look like little puffs of cotton. Either can be controlled by dabbing them with a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol. This will kill the pest and in a few days you can peel it off with your fingernail or with tweezers. Repeat applications may be needed if there's a large population. Keep at it and you'll eventually eliminate the pests. Good luck with your houseplants.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by Murky and is called "Japanese Garden"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.