Problem with lime tree - Knowledgebase Question

Anaheim, Ca
Question by jstarz4u
My small lime tree gets
flowers, then tiny limes
and then they drop off.
I don't know what I am doing wrong.
Also my Palmyria Plan has
nice green leaves but no buds of flowers.

Citrus trees always set more flowers than they can possibly grow to maturity so they go through a natural thinning process where excess fruit is dropped, however, excessive fruit drop can mean lack of pollination, or excessive soil moisture. Lime trees should be watered often enough to keep the soil from drying out, but not so often that the soil remains soggy. Try watering deeply, applying water slowly so it is absorbed by the roots. Next time your tree flowers, try visiting each open flower with a small paintbrush or cotton swab, in an effort to transfer pollen. This should ensure a fruit set.

If your Palmyra is otherwise healthy, it should eventually flower. It just needs to reach a certain maturity before that happens so just be patient with it.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Peonies"