white fly - Knowledgebase Question

costa mesa, Ca
Question by tnocel
it seems all of my plants are infected with white fly...what can I do about it?

0

Whitefly is one of the most difficult pests to control. If your plants are outdoor plants, you can try washing them with a strong spray of water from the garden hose to knock them down and hope that a good rainy spell will also help wash them clean. However, the whiteflies will probably still come back unless you treat them. Commercially formulated insecticidal soap or horticultural oil can be used according to the label instructions to reduce the numbers. Make sure the plants you are spraying are listed on the label, and spray all surfaces of each plant thoroughly. Try to spray in the early morning or at dusk when most of the pesky whiteflies are resting on the plant. Best wishes with your eradication project!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "