Damage To St Augustine Lawn - Knowledgebase Question

San Antonio, Te
Question by clalli
My St Augustine lawn suffered considerably during the long summer drought. One side in particular has huge dead spots. There is evidence since the recent rains that sprigs of new grass are appearing, however they are few and far between. I have already applied winter fertilizer to the entire lawn. Is it possible the dead spots will come back and if resprigging is needed when is the best time.

0

There's nothing quite like a nice deep soaking from rainfall. No matter how carefully we water, it is just not the same as having the entire area soaked by the rain. So, yes, I think your turf will green up when over the fall and winter months. If you do need to resprig or set plugs in the bare areas, early spring is the best time. I'd wait until March to see how well your lawn has filled in before going ahead with sprigging or plugging. Best wishes with your lawn!

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"