Front Yard - Knowledgebase Question

Rayne, Lo
Question by mistey82
I have an extremely small front yard. With a walk way going straight down the middle and two big ditches on each side and I would like some good garden plan ideas to make my front yard look nice

I can't help you design your front yard but I can offer a few ideas for you to consider. Small yards can look larger if you use colorful plants at the far ends of the property line. This will draw your eye across the expanse of the yard - and whether it is 10 feet or 100 feet, it will look larger. Another trick is to use stair-step plantings; taller in the back, medium size and then small. This gives the illusion of depth. I would plant small but colorful annuals or perennials along the walkway and then use a second layer of color behind them. This second layer should not march straight down the line but curve out into the yard. A wave or semi-circle or other form will make the yard appear larger when you walk up or down the walkway. Choose the plants you love and you should be happy with your yard. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"