Best location to Plant - Knowledgebase Question

Torrance, Ca
Question by jefferysouth
5 rose bushes(large pots) are on the North side of my home. They were located on the walkway with full sun, did very well. Needed to move them. With the new location it seems that limited amount of sun the Roses are more susceptible to mold and disease. As a child,my folks had Hybrid Roses that had FuLL SUN in the backyard. Would like to move Roses to South Facing Backyard Any Thoughts? Zone 10

0

Your memory serves you well. Roses thrive in full sunshine. They flower best in 8 hours of sunlight a day and are least susceptible to disease problems when they get the sun they crave. You can move your roses in December or January and prune them down to remove diseased plant parts and open them up to better air circulation. They should be much happier on the south side of the yard.

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"