Killing weeds in the fall and strengthening the lawn - Knowledgebase Question

Scotch Plains, Ne
Question by lcapril6
Today we put down Scotts wintergard. Can I also apply weed feed or something else. I have a lot of crab and clover grass that is just too annoying.

0

Crabgrass is an annual so it will die down when the weather gets cold. You can pull it out or dig it out of your lawn. Next spring apply a crabgrass preventer pre emergent herbicide to keep new crabgrass from sprouting in your lawn. Ordinary weed and feed products won't control clover. For that you'll need a product such as Ortho's chickweed, clover and oxalis control. There are other brands on the market, all with the word clover featured prominently on the label. Be sure to apply according to label directions. Good luck with your lawn!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"