can I keep my Mandevllias from dyig - Knowledgebase Question

cartersville, Vi
Question by annfehr3
My daughter gave me to Mandevilla plants code NHDA0206 foe Mothre's day it says annuals but; on the directions it says to prune back in spring. Can I save them this winter? thank you

Mandevilla is definitely a tropical plant outdoors, but a lovely greenhouse or houseplant in colder winter areas. Yours should be taken indoors before the weather gets too much cooler. It isn't necessary to cut the plants completely back, just enough to make them fit wherever you're going to keep them indoors. Be sure to make the change from outside to inside a gradual one, and start by bringing them indoors only at night, allowing them to remain indoors for longer and longer periods of time. Within a week to 10 days, your plants should be acclimated to an indoor environment. Mandevilla can grow to ten feet, so you need lots of room indoors. It should be happy with temperatures between 65F - 70F indoors, bright light but not direct sunlight, ample water spring and summer, little water in the winter, lots of humidity - so mist the leaves every few days - especially when flower buds form. Enjoy your mandevilla.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Lantana"