my krauter vesuvius - Knowledgebase Question

salton city, Ca
Question by devilspharma
Hello, on the beginning of summer i bought a krauter vesuvius tree it gave me green leaves very beautiful now maybe because is Autumn i just bare, my first thought was maybe i need to pull it out.Its gets full sun and water everyday i get close to it and i see very few green leaves but it wont make it all the way before it dries thank you

Your Prunus cerasifera 'Krauter Vesuvius', or purple leaf plum should not have dropped all its leaves so I think it is showing distress from the weather and from being transplanted. Wait until next spring to see if it leafs out again. If not, you'll want to replace it; if so, it indicates it has finally established its root system. In the meantime be sure to water deeply once each week. Good luck with your tree!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Iris Dazzling"