fall and winter care of outside plants - Knowledgebase Question

Bend, Or
Question by gardengirlj0
what are your thoughts about moisturein for outside plants in cold and freezing temps?.Also..I need to know a product that will actually prevent my plants from being chewed up by bugs--but not a pestiside as I have small pets...thanks

There are some systemics that you can use on some plants - but not all so be sure to read and follow label directions. As for winter hardiness, it depends upon the plant. Most perennials available in your area will withstand your winter weather but you may need to experiment a little. Once the ground freezes your plants won't need and cannot take up water so watering during the winter is usually not necessary. When the plants come out of dormancy when the weather warms up and that's when you should begin watering regularly. Hope this answers your questions!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Lantana"