Herb garden - Knowledgebase Question

Dorchester, Ma
Question by Jiggijac
How do I care for these herbs for the winter? - parsley, chives, mint,basil,thyme,rosemary

0

The only herb you've listed that will need extra care is the basil. It is quite tender so you'll want to move it indoors or take cuttings to start in pots and grow indoors. Parsley and chives can also be grown indoors or you can just allow them to die down in the winter - they will resprout in the spring. Mint, thyme and rosemary are sturdy perennials and while the tops may die down in the winter, they will resprout in the spring. They are not as happy to grow indoors on a sunny windowsill as your other herbs so I'd suggest just leaving them out in the garden over the winter months with the knowledge that they will come back in the spring. Best wishes with your herb garden!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"