Patio - Knowledgebase Question

Wautoma, Wi
Question by CThorntonUSM
I am going to be installing a patio in my backyard and the yard slopes away from the house. How do I build the patio into the slope?

0

You'll want your patio level rather than sloped so you'll need to build up the area at the lowest points so the soil is level with the uppermost part. Drive stakes into the corners of your proposed patio area and run a string from the stake at the highest point to the stake at the lowest point. Then use a level to make sure the string runs a straight line and is level from the top stake to the bottom stake. That's how much fill dirt you'll need to import to make the surface level so you can pour the concrete or lay your pavers.

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"