Nut Grass - Knowledgebase Question

Keller, Te
Question by kbird9
My lawn has a good deal of nut grass coming up this Fall. What's the best way to rid my lawn of this? Thank you.

Although you can try hand pulling or digging nutsedge out of your lawn, it's possible little pieces of the roots will remain and resprout. So, chemical control is the most permanent solution. The herbicide 'Manage' is the most effective and safe for most turfgrasses. It is also the most expensive, but if an infestation is not too severe, one application should take care of the problem. The Manage label says to apply it after nutsedge has reached the three- to eight-leaf stage. Waiting until this growth stage apparently results in improved translocation of the active ingredient to the underground tubers and rhizomes.

Good luck with your eradication project!

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"