Tree diseases - Knowledgebase Question

Shaker Heights, Oh
Question by wpryder
I live in Seven Hills, Ohio which is in Northeast Ohio. We had severe drought last year and 2 of my small trees died, a birch and another tree. I am now seeing disease on my other trees. What should I use or do to save my other trees and before I plant 2 new trees to replace the dead ones? Thank you in advance for your help.

Without knowing what kinds of trees you are growing or knowing the symptoms and signs of the disease, I'm at a loss to suggest controls. A drought - lack of water - can really stress trees but they usually recover when given adequate water. If you cannot regularly water your trees we can only hope it will be a rainy fall and winter! Replacing your trees with native trees will help. Native trees are those that have adapted to the growing conditions in your area and aside from water when they are first planted, most will survive on natural rainfall. You might consider planting Black Gum and River Birch are native trees as are Sugar Maples, Ash and American Beech.

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"