Fall Treatment - Knowledgebase Question

Moreno Valley, Ca
Question by lblanton8
My front lawn is St Augustine. Should I apply a herbicide now? I had more weeds this summer than usual. If so, how soon can I fertilize. What is a good fertilzer for this type of grass. I have Tall Fescue in the back..should I follow the same schedule as the front? As always, thank you so much.

Laurine

0

St. Augustine has slightly different requirements in terms of weed control. Not all herbicides are safe to use on St. Augustine. Right now you can apply Bayer Advanced Southern Weed Killer For lawns, Spectracide Weed Stop Weed Killer For Lawns, or any other formulation that lists it is safe to use on St. Augustine. If fescue lawns are listed on the product label, you can use the same product. If not, choose a weed control product that lists fescue. If you apply herbicides now you can feed your lawns in November. Use a 15-5-10 fertilizer (or similar formulation) on both your lawns.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Alteri Lily"