Trees - Knowledgebase Question

Paulden, Ar
Question by marineddinaz
I have 25 hy-bread poplars that are at least 10 years old that came with the property. I need info on the care and feeding of these trees as I have never had to deal with this type of trees before.I am located in north/central Arizona. Weather ranges from light snow in the winter to upper 90's in the summer.

Poplars are highly adaptable to most soils and growing conditions. They don't like soggy soils but aside from that are happy in the most difficult weather conditions. They grow in Siberia so they can take the cold and the heat doesn't bother them much, either. Be sure to water deeply once each week during the spring, summer and fall months. No fertilizer is necessary. They are fast growing trees but are susceptible to limb breakage in heavy winds. If you find broken limbs, remove them and cut the damaged limb clean (don't leave ragged edges or splintered wood, which can invite insect and disease problems). Most importantly, enjoy your trees!

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"