Blood leaf plant - Knowledgebase Question

Garden Grove, Ca
Question by ducksta88
I have two of these plants in the same area with the same water and sun and soil.one is beautiful and one has twice looked dead,with all the leaves turning brown and hanging off the plant.they are not dry though they are brown and moist.What is the proper way to start fresh with this plant.Cut all the dead leaves off or cut the entire plant back and start over? Please help, as i love this plant.

0

Iresine is a group of tender perenials grown mainly for their colorful foliage. They are frost tender, requiring minimum temperatures of 50F. They can also be grown as an indoor plant or treated as an annual. They prefer full sun, and loamy well drained soil. Pinch the tips to promote bushy growth during the growing season. In your mild winter area Iresine can be a perennial plant. I would cut the misbehaving plant down to ground level to encourage healthy new leaves. If the leaves become discolored again, dig it up, amend the soil with organic matter and replant. I hope this information helps!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "