winter lawn care - Knowledgebase Question

new carlisle, In
Question by tlkilwein
My husband told me to buy Scotts Turfbuilder Winterguard so we can apply it this month (we live in Indiana), but someone told me that their is no difference between the standard Scotts Turfbuilder and the Turfbuilder WinterGuard. Is that true? There is a significant difference in price. Our lawn is actually quite healthy, so is it even necessary to put down this application?

0

There is a difference in the fertilizer formulations. Scotts Turfbuilder Winterguard is higher in phosphorous and potassium (22-2-14) than Scotts Turfbuilder (30-2-3). Regular Turfbuilder has a higher nitrogen content, which keeps lawns thick and green. The Winterizer's higher phosphorus and potassium levels encourages healthy stem and root growth so you lawn maintains good health during the winter months so it can green up faster in the springtime.

The general recommendations for fertilizing lawns is to make applications in April, June, September and late October or early November. While you can skip an application or two, your lawn may be more susceptible to weed and weather stress problems.

Hope this clarifies things for you!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "