mondo grass - Knowledgebase Question

durham, No
Question by jkurczak
In a previous questin I mentioned a landscaper suggesting maiden grass around a couple of new trees I'm having planted, but I thought they got too big and you suggested mondo grass-won'r compete for moisture etc. He says der will eat them and suggests carex evergold.what do you think?

0

Your landscaper is right on the ball! Carex evergold is listed as deer resistant. Dwarf Mondo Grass was my first choice because it is rugged and remains small - and in most parts of the country it is considered deer resistant. However, your landscaper will be more familiar with your local deer population and if they have developed a taste for Mondo grass, I'd steer clear of it and go with the Carex. Best wishes with your landscape!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"