Bugs on Plants - Knowledgebase Question

Chicago, Il
Question by Askew125
What kind of insectacidal soap can I use on house plants before I bring them inside after being outside all summer.

Insecticidal soap comes in a variety of brands and is readily available in both indoor and outdoor garden departments at your local Home Depot. But, it can burn the leaves of some sensitive plants so be sure to read the label to determine whether or not the plants in question might be adversely affected. I generaly just hose my plants off thoroughly with plain water before bringing them in. This removes any hitchhiking insects so I don't bring them into the house. You might try plain water first and if you find an insect population developing after you bring your plants indoors you can set the plants in the shower and give them another rinse. Best wishes with your houseplants!

Today's site banner is by dirtdorphins and is called "prickly pads"