Landscape fabric from Weedblock - Knowledgebase Question

Okemos, Mi
Question by palmera68
I put Weedblock fabric down in my Vegetable garden. I then made a hole and planted my tomato plants and pepper plants. It kept the weeds out great. Does the weedblock have to come up for the winter? or can I leave it there?

Glad the landscape worked for you! You can leave it in place over the winter months. You might think about rolling the fabric up every 3-4 years and incorporating some compost or other organic matter into the garden to help maintain healthy soil. The landscape fabric can then be replaced over the garden. The fabric won't cause problems with the soil it's just that we sometimes forget that soil needs to be amended periodically, especially when it's out of sight! Best wishes with your garden.

Today's site banner is by joannakat and is called "Sweet Alyssum 2"