Seaweed Extract - Knowledgebase Question

Long Beach, CA
Question by Peterson_Chr
I would like to prepare some seaweed extract from seaweed I recently picked up at the ocean. How can I do it?

0

Seaweed is essentially an algae; liquid seaweed is a concentrated form of seaweed tea. It's a process best left to the experts because you'll either need huge vats, or you'll need to devote a great deal of time to soaking the seaweed and then boiling (or evaporating) the resulting tea. How about making your own kelp meal? Simply lay the seaweed out in the sunshine until it's dry, then crumble it up and store it. If you use kelp meal in your garden you'll be supplying organic matter along with the trace elements. Use one pound per 100 square feet of garden as a soil amendment, and later in the season as a side-dressing fertilizer.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"