Planting Hidcote Blue Lavender - Knowledgebase Question

Bridgewater, Ne
Question by trust500
I have been growing this Lavender from seed in two large pots. The plants are about 4 to 6 inches tall. How big of a hole,width,depth,and length do to I need to plant 8 plants. How far apart do the plants have to be? Thank you for your kind assistance . Laura

Hidcote lavender grows about 2' high and 2-3' wide. To make sure each of your plants has adequate room to grow, plant them at least 3' apart. Each of your little plants can go into a hole large enough to accommodate its roots. With 4-6" of top growth, the roots are probably only 3-4" deep and about 2" wide. Dig your holes that size and if they are too short or too narrow you can always dig out more. The important thing is that they be planted at the same depth as they were growing in the pot. Too deep and the roots may suffocate - too shallow and they will topple over. Good luck with your project!

Today's site banner is by wildflowers and is called "Japanese Spirea"