Azalea - Knowledgebase Question

Columbia, So
Question by barbjoerob
I have 4 Autumn Angel Encore Azaleas. They bloomed in the spring but I don't see any signs of buds on them now. Should they be ready now to bloom for the fall? When should these be fertilized?

0

I'm not sure what's going on with your Autumn Angel Azaleas! After the spring blooming period, these azaleas begin growing new shoots and start blooming into full flower in mid-summer, continuing until frost. If yours are new and bloomed only in the spring it could be that they are establishing themselves in your landscape and because of this skipped the growing/flowering phase over the summer months. As long as they are getting adequate sunlight and water, they should be ready to grow and bloom for you next year. Feed them in the spring, just as new growth begins, with a specially formulated Rhododendron/Azalea fertilizer, in amounts as recommended on the label. Hope they bloom their little heads off for you next year!

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"