Organic veg. garden - Knowledgebase Question

chandler, Ar
Question by nib1996
Hello,
what is the best mix for my future garden? I don't like to use compost(personal...)or mulch..is it anything else I can use for garden soil in AZ?
Thanks

0

Organic gardening usually equates to using lots of compost, aged-manure and other decomposed/decomposing organic matter. There's really no substitute for these materials. All the manures - rabbit, chicken, cow, bat - are full of nutrients and bulk which help to build rich, loamy healthy soil. You may be able to bulk up your soil with straw, but it won't contain the nutrients your soil needs and you will have to rely on processed nutrients, which kind of negates the idea of an organic garden. You could use potting soil, but it is mixture of garden soil, sand, compost and vermiculite. It's hard to stay away from compost if you want to grow vegetables!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "