Flamboyan - Knowledgebase Question

Lakeshore, Fl
Question by oneavefenix
I planted a flamboyan 4 years ago is still about 4 feet tall but look nice and healthy.I was told it was a dwarf specie tree when I bought it at the experimental Agricultural University in Puerto Rico. How tall it will grow. When will it will reach maturity. I want it for umbrella type 8-10 feet tall shape. I live by the lake. It is planted at least 30 feet from my condo. Any dangers?

The Flamboyant tree is Caesalpinia pulcherrima, also called Dwarf Poinciana. If this is your plant, it is a large shrub or small tree typically growing 6-12' tall. It sounds as though it has plenty of room to grow in your landscape so I wouldn't anticipate any particular dangers, especially since it is 30' away from your condo. It should make a beautiful landscape specimen.

Today's site banner is by wildflowers and is called "Japanese Spirea"