Flamboyan - Knowledgebase Question

Lakeshore, Fl
Question by oneavefenix
I planted a flamboyan 4 years ago is still about 4 feet tall but look nice and healthy.I was told it was a dwarf specie tree when I bought it at the experimental Agricultural University in Puerto Rico. How tall it will grow. When will it will reach maturity. I want it for umbrella type 8-10 feet tall shape. I live by the lake. It is planted at least 30 feet from my condo. Any dangers?

0

The Flamboyant tree is Caesalpinia pulcherrima, also called Dwarf Poinciana. If this is your plant, it is a large shrub or small tree typically growing 6-12' tall. It sounds as though it has plenty of room to grow in your landscape so I wouldn't anticipate any particular dangers, especially since it is 30' away from your condo. It should make a beautiful landscape specimen.

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"