Unhealthy looking Azaleas - Knowledgebase Question

Albany, Ge
Question by ginarscott
I planted some azealea bushes in the early part of the spring this year. What can I do to enhance the growth of my azalea bushes? What can I spray them with to help them produce lots of blooms. Also the leaves on some of my azalea bushes are brown (even in the spring). I tilled the ground, added peat moss and top soil prio to planting them. I planted them aroung a pecan tree.

0

Browning leaves can indicate over watering, a fungal disease, or even fertilizer burn so you'll have to put on your detective cap to figure it out! Azaleas develop leaf and flower buds over the summer months for the following year's growth. Thin, narrow buds are leaves, short fat buds are flowers. Wait until after your azaleas finish flowering next spring and then prune them back a little. Pruning encourages lots of new growth, which will develop flower and leaf buds for the following year. Feed with a Rhododendron/Azalea ferilizer each spring. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"