Cat Palm - Knowledgebase Question

wILDWOOD, Fl
Question by scottishmarl
I have killed 4 cat palms,One lift & it's turning Brown. Still have it in the same container from the store. I follow all the info.on the card. Plant code IHDAO 188 Thank You !!!

0

How sad to lose your plants! Cat palm (Chamaedorea cataractarum) grows naturally in wet areas so yours can use as much water as you care to give it. It likes bright shade (direct sunshine will burn the foliage), especially summer sun in Florida! I'd repot it into a new, slightly larger container, using fresh potting soil. Make sure the container has adequate drainage holes in the bottom. After replanting water your palm well to settle the soil and drive out air pockets. Then water thoroughly when the top of the soil feels just barely dry to the touch. Hope this information helps your cat palm thrive!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Tithonia diversifolia"